Crown Terrace was formally constituted in 1839, the first Baptist Church in Aberdeen, although the church actually first began in 1821. A chapel was built in Union Terrace, but the church later moved to a new chapel in John Street which served for the next 40 years. In 1870, the church moved to the current building on Crown Terrace.
In 1939 a history of the first hundred years was produced and is available here. A further history of the 50 years from 1939 was completed and is available here. A booklet was produced in 1970 on the centenary of the building. It is also available here.